It's a new year and I can't wrap my head around that I'm 20 years old now. How did time pass by so fast that I'm already in my third year of university too. I feel so old, please make it stop. But a new year calls for a reset. I got some inspiration from one of my favourite bloggers Rachel from That's Chic and I thought that I would write up a little something myself. I'm going to try to post every Sunday and Wednesday this year... let's see how it actually goes.
1. Flush out all of your old thoughts.
2. Now nourish your mind with new inspiring things and get the creative juices flowing. Fill your mind with new books or magazines or articles. Take on learning new different things and starting creative projects.
3. Keep yourself centred with all the busy things going on in your life.
1. Detox your body in the mornings by drinking tea.
2. Treat, revitalize your body like having good skincare or constantly staying hydrated.
3. Refuel and take good care of your body inside and out. I finally know how important it is to pay attention to what you put inside your body and outside your body. Be grateful for health and the body that you have cause it does so much work for you. Take really good care of it this year.
Space as in your physical space around you
1. Clear out things in your life that don't hold value anymore (clothes, makeup). Donate things to charities or friends. You will feel so much lighter. My goal this year is to try and keep my belongings minimal and not crowd up my space.
2. Organize your space. I keep it minimal and like just having my macbook, phone, journal and a couple books up on my desk when I'm doing work.
3. Give everything a place. Have a place where everything belongs (clothes, makeup, books, polaroids)
1. Clean up and store all files and emails. Re create a fresh work space. Reorganize your desktop with new folders and sections for 2018. On top of that, I uploaded all of my photos to clear out my phone. Now it's a real clean slate.
2. Create an organized workflow.
3. Finally I want to try to be more efficient. And this one's big... cut back on browsing social media. I love my website, I love shy honey and I will keep creating content. But I hope to replace all the time spent lying in bed going on my phone with more effective things.
I hope you get some ideas. 2018 is your year!